“Wild Style” 60 Minute Workout & Spinning Mix
15-song music mix and choreographed workout includes
“Dead Disco” by Metric
“Little Thoughts” by Bloc Party
“Clocks” by Coldplay
1. “Soul Meets Body” by Death Cab for Cutie (3:50): Warm-up.
2. “Dead Disco” by Metric (3:25): Quick spin. Start hard and fast this morning. Focus on high knees.
3. “Little Thoughts” by Bloc Party (3:25): Speedy out-of-seat climb. Think of charging to the top of a hill with fast leg-turnover. Increase tension by 1/2 to one full turn every 30 secs but maintain the same quick leg turnover. Do one long Power 10 during the set.
4. “Bonito” by Jarabe De Palo (4:10): Back to the flats. Settle into your seat and spin at race-pace speed and effort. Increase tension by 1/2 a turn every 30 secs. Think of riding hard into a mildly increasing headwind. Do two Power 10s during the song.
5. “You’re My Flame” by Zero 7 (3:15): Stair-climbing. Fast and quick. Dance on those toes, baby! Focus on breathing.
6. “Police and the Private” by Metric (3:40): Immediately from last song’s stair-climb, go into a high-tension out-of-seat climb w/ two Power 10s throughout the set.
7. “Clocks” by Coldplay (5:05): Long climb! Leave the tension where it was from the last set/out-of-seat climb. Settle into your saddle. Slide back a bit. Hurt those quads! Focus on high knees for a slow, grinding, in-seat climb. Dig deep for a Power 20 half-way through the song.
8. “Luminol” by Ryan Adams (3:25): Sprints at the chorus. Three total for 15, 25, & 40 secs each.
9. “Bodyrock” by Moby (3:35): More quad work! Slow, high-tension in-seat climb. Increase tension every 30 secs.
10. “Let Go” by Frou Frou (4:10): Time to stretch those fatigued legs. Out-of-seat climb.
11. “In the Shadows” by The Rasmus (4:15): Quick, medium-tension spin.
12. “Sister Surround” by The Soundtrack (3:35): High-tension out of seat climb w/ two Power 10s and a Power 20 sprint to the finish of the song.
13. “Mr. Brightside” by The Killers (3:45): Final song, baby. Hit it hard. Race-pace speed and effort. At chorus, all-out sprints! The first is done in-the-saddle (20 secs). The second is an out-of-seat uphill sprint (30 secs). The last one is back in-the-saddle — all out as hard as possible for the final 45 secs.
14. “We Will Become Silhouettes” by The Postal Service (5:00): Cooldown.
15. “Blue Eyes” by Cary Brothers (4:15): Final stretches.
Power 10 Spinning
Entry filed under: indoor cycling/spinning workouts and music mixes. Tags: indoor cycling, indoor cycling music, J.R. Atwood, Jason Atwood, music mixes, Power 10 Spinning, spin class, spinning, spinning class, spinning mixes, spinning music, spinningmixes, workout music.