“Blue Sky” 60 Minute Workout & Spinning Mix
14-song music mix and choreographed workout includes
“Close to Me” by The Cure
“Mr. Blue Sky” by Electric Light Orchestra
“Digital Love” by Daft Punk
1. “Close to Me” by The Cure (3:40): Warm-up and stretch.
2. “Talk” by Coldplay (5:10): Starting fast and hard. First minute quick spin. Focus on high knees and relaxing the shoulders. Minutes two through four, get out of the seat and do some climbing to wake-up the legs. Throw-in a Power 10. Last minute, settle back into the saddle and charge hard to the finish.
3. “Little Thoughts” by Bloc Party (3:30): Moderate tension race-pace spin. Fast, baby!
4. “Someone Great” by LCD Soundsystem (6:25): Two-minutes of high-tension in-seat climbing w/ a Power 10. Throw-on some more tension and get out of your seat for a standing climb. Finish with a Power 20.
5. “Dead Disco” by Metric (3:25): Nothing fancy — just a hard, fast spin. Open road for 3 1/2 minutes. Take advantage of it.
6. “Mr. Blue Sky” by Electric Light Orchestra (5:05): Out-of-seat climbing and out-of-seat sprinting. Do it!
7. “Jump” by Madonna (4:00): In-seat climb w/ increasing tension every 30 seconds. Sprint at the chorus.
8. “Digital Love” by Daft Punk (5:00): Out-of-seat climb w/ increasing tension every 30 secs. One Power 10 and one Power 20 throughout the set.
9. “All my Life” by Foo Fighters (4:20): Sprint time, baby! All-out sprints at chorus w/ 60-sec burnout at end.
10. “Saeglópur” by Sigur Rós (7:40): Slow, quiet climb. First two-minutes in-seat climb with lots of tension. Pop-out of your seat and do a standing climb for the remainder of the song. Dig deep for a Power 10 and one Power 20.
11. “Ooh La La” by Goldfrapp (3:20): Sustained spin at 90% effort.
12. “Don’t Cry Out” by Shiny Toy Guns (4:10): One of the best “finish/power songs” out there. Spin hard and and do an all-out sprint at each of three choruses. The first is in-seat for 20 secs. The second is a standing, all-out hill-charge for 25 secs. The last chorus is an all-out burnout for the final 50 secs.
13. “Til the End of Time” off the “Little Miss Sunshine Soundtrack” (4:00): Cool-down.
14. “The Winner Is” off the “Little Miss Sunshine Soundtrack” (3:00): Stretch.
Power 10 Spinning
Entry filed under: indoor cycling/spinning workouts and music mixes. Tags: indoor cycling, indoor cycling music, J.R. Atwood, Jason Atwood, music mixes, Power 10 Spinning, spin class, spinning, spinning class, spinning mixes, spinning music, spinningmixes, workout music.