“Power to Burn” 60 Minute Workout & Spinning Mix
1. “Sleeping In” by The Postal Service (4:25): Warm-up and stretch.
2. “Cannonball” by The Breeders (3:35): Mix of spinning and out-of-seat climbing to stretch the legs.
3. “Soul Meets Body” by Death Cab for Cutie (3:55): In-seat climb w/ increasing tension every 30 secs. Bust the quads!
4. “Dead Disco” by Metric (3:25): Fast spin at race-pace effort.
5. “Little Thoughts” by Bloc Party (3:30): Quick out-of-seat climb. Think of charging up a hill or sprinting in deep sand. Pump those legs to bring the knees as high as possible.
6. “Bonito” by Jarabe De Palo (4:15): Slow, high-tension in-seat climb w/ increasing tension every 30 secs.
7. “You’re My Flame” by Zero 7 (3:15): Rolling hills at quick spin pace.
8. “Police and the Private” by Metric (3:45): More climbing. First half in-seat; second half out-of-seat. Hit it hard.
9. “Clocks” by Coldplay (5:05): Hard-charging spin. Race pace effort for a full five mins. Be mindful of maintaining good form. Don’t get sloppy just because you get tired. Land on your toes; push-off with your toes; drive your knees to your chest; try to kick your butt with your heel (to improve leg turnover); keep your knees slightly bent in; relax your shoulders; keep looking 10 yards ahead of you.
10. “Luminol” by Ryan Adams (3:25): Gotta’ dig deep when you’re tired! Another hard-charging, out-of-seat, quick climb.
11. “Bodyrock” by Moby (3:40): Fast spin at race-pace effort. This is where people start to drag. Keep-up the intensity and maintain proper form!
12. “Let Go” by Frou Frou (4:15): Butt-back exercise. Tone the butt! Strengthen your glutes and hamstrings!
13. “In the Shadows” by The Rasmus (4:15): Back to the hills. In-seat climb w/ two Power 10s and a Power 20.
14. “Sister Surround” by The Soundtrack (3:40): Mix of in-seat climbing and out-of-seat climbing w/ increasing intensity and a few Power 10s thrown-in for good measure.
15. “Mr. Brightside” by The Killers (3:45): Climbing and sprints. Finish on top w/ a hard-charging, all-out 60 sec burnout sprint at the end!
16. “We Will Become Silhouettes” by The Postal Service (5:00): Cool-down and stretch.
17. “Where Are You Going?” by Dave Matthews Band (4:00): Cool-down continued.
Power 10 Spinning
Entry filed under: indoor cycling/spinning workouts and music mixes. Tags: indoor cycling, indoor cycling music, J.R. Atwood, Jason Atwood, music mixes, Power 10 Spinning, spin class, spinning, spinning class, spinning mixes, spinning music, spinningmixes, workout music.