“Tonight’s Concert” 60 Minute Workout & Spinning Mix
15-song music mix and choreographed workout includes
“My Love” by Justin Timberlake
“Seven-Nation Army” by the White Stripes
“Like Eating Glass” by Bloc Party
1. “Fidelity” by Regina Spektor (3:45): Warm-up and stretch.
2. “Like Eating Glass” by Bloc Party (4:20): Spin fast for first minute, out-of-seat climb for next two minutes, then back to the saddle for a quick spin to the end of the song.
3. “My Love” by Justin Timberlake (4:40): Out-of-seat climb w/ increasing tension every 45 secs. Power 10 half-way through the son.
4. “Hung-Up” by Madonna (5:35): Race-pace speed and effort. Sprints at chorus.
5. “Thank U” by Alanis Morrissette (4:15): Slow things down. Settle into a quad-busting, in-seat climb w/ increasing tension every 30 secs. Tackle Everest, baby!
6. “Anything, Anything” by Dramarama (3:20): This is a great song for sprints. They happen fast, so be ready and do not pace yourself… Each of the three sprints (at the chorus) are done with full-intensity. See how fast your legs can spin!
7. “Goods” by Mates of State (4:45): Slowing it back down. In-seat climb for the first minute, then pop-out of the seat for a hard charge to the top of the mountain!
8. “All My Life” by Foo Fighters (4:20): After climbing up, it’s time to bomb down the backside of the mountain! Sprints at the chorus. Crank the volume, baby. This is fun.
9. “Seven-Nation Army” by the White Stripes (3:50): Steep, high-tension, out-of-seat climb. Grind it out!
10. “Chicago” by Sufjan Stevens (6:00): Do not take any tension off from the last song. Instead, sit-down immediately and bust those quads on a grueling in-seat climb. After a minute or two, then get back out of the seat for more hard-charging hill climbs.
11. “So Alive” by Ryan Adams (4:00): High-tension sprints at the chorus. If you only have five-minutes in a day, this is the best thing you can do. It spikes the heart-rate like nothing else.
12. “Tribulations” by LCD Soundsystem (5:00): Race day, baby! Take advantage of the open road and charge hard for the full length of the song. Quick feet! Dance on those toes. Lift those knees to your chest. Relax your shoulders. Breeeeeathe slowly.
13. “Don’t Cry Out” by Shiny Toy Guns (4:10): One of my favorite Power Songs. In-seat sprint at first chorus, out-of-seat uphill sprint at second chorus, then 65 second all-out in-seat burnout sprint to finish the workout! Finish hard, baby!
14. “Desire” by Sigur Ros (7:00): Cool-down and stretch.
15. “Yellow” by Coldplay (4:30): Goodbye music.
Power 10 Spinning
Entry filed under: indoor cycling/spinning workouts and music mixes. Tags: indoor cycling, indoor cycling music, J.R. Atwood, Jason Atwood, music mixes, Power 10 Spinning, spin class, spinning, spinning class, spinning mixes, spinning music, spinningmixes, workout music.