“From the Club” 60 Minute Workout & Spinning Mix
16-song music mix and choreographed workout includes
“Such Great Heights” by Postal Service
“Boys of Summer” by The Ataris
“One Night Stand” by Enrique Iglesias
1. “Follow the Light” by Travis (3:10): Warm-up and stretch.
2. “Let Me Entertain You” by Robbie Williams (4:25): Start fast, baby. Time to dance on those toes! In-seat spinning for a minute, then out of seat climb w/ increasing tension every 30 secs to wake-up those legs. Charge hard!
3. “Such Great Heights” by Postal Service (4:30): In-seat climb w/ increasing tension every 30 secs. Stay seated and work those quads. Life those knees to your chest! Finish last 45 secs with a charge.
4. “Boys of Summer” by The Ataris (4:25): Sprints at chorus. First one sitting down; second one standing-up/out-of-seat sprint; third one a 45 sec all-out burnout. These are done as fast and as hard as possible.
5. “Banquet” by Bloc Party (3:20): Out-of-seat climb. It’s a fast song — even though we’re climbing, we’re hitting it hard. (See a theme for today? Hard and fast!)
6. “Monkey Wrench” by Foo Fighters (3:55): Same thing as song number four — three all-out sprints at chorus.
7. “Infinito” by Raf (5:00): Slowing it down a bit. High-tension, in-seat climb for first few minutes; out-of-seat high-tension climb for last few minutes. Throw-in a Power 10 and a Power 20.
8. “All These Things That I’ve Done” by The Killers (5:05): Leave the tension where it is from the last song and sit down. Settle into your saddle and keep on climbing! Grind and climb, baby. Do a Power 10. Then pop-up out of your seat for a standing charge for the last two minutes of the song. Dig deep to bust out with another Power 20. (Aye aye aye!)
9. “One Night Stand” by Enrique Iglesias (4:20): Stair-climbing exercise. Feel the burn in those quads and calves. Whew, doggie!
10. “Chocolate” by Snow Patrol (3:15): Back to a climb. Nothing fancy. In-seat climb w/ increasing tension every 30 secs.
11. “Just Like a Pill” by Pink (4:00): Standing-up sprints at chorus. Between chorus, easy spinning.
12. “Fix You” by Coldplay (5:00): Hard, steep, out-of-seat climb for first few minute. At the rising climax of the song, sit down, take off some tension, and sprint till the finish (90-120 secs).
13. “The Last Song” by All-American Rejects (5:05): Potpourri style! Have some fun with some climbing, some easy spinning, some hard charging, some sprinting and a Power 10. Feel the vibe of the class.
14. “Stronger” by Britney Spears (3:30). Sprints, baby. Three of them — all done at the chorus.
15. “Man in the Mirror” by Michael Jackson (5:20): The dude may be a bit of a freak, but he knows how to make an awesome record. Last song of the day… Start with a a slow-in-seat climb. As the beat starts to pick-up, add some tension and pick-up the pace in the legs. Stand-up and charge the last few minutes of the song. Throw in a Power 10, a Power 20, and finish with a 90-sec burnout.
16. “Forrest Gump Suite” by Alan Silvestri (8:50): Cool-down, stretch out, go home.
Power 10 Spinning
Entry filed under: indoor cycling/spinning workouts and music mixes. Tags: indoor cycling, indoor cycling music, J.R. Atwood, Jason Atwood, music mixes, Power 10 Spinning, spin class, spinning, spinning class, spinning mixes, spinning music, spinningmixes, workout music.